Group Chief Risk Officer
The Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO) will be responsible for providing strategic direction to, and management of, the Risk & Compliance Function and on-going management of the firm's risk and compliance profile, including operational, conduct, compliance, business and strategic risks.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Holding the formal SMF 4 and SMF 3 responsibilities with direct accountability to the FCA for delivery of the associated actions
- Building and leading the 2nd Line of Defence, embedding an effective and appropriate risk & governance framework
- Assessing risk throughout the division, considering the needs of the customer and the requirements of the FCA, monitoring the progress of risk mitigation activities, and ensuring that relevant risk measurements and reports are made available to the Executive team
- Communicate to key stakeholders regarding the risk profile of the business.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to company executives complete with actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats at all levels
- Line Management of the Financial Services Compliance, Business Risk, Conduct Risk and Information Security functions
- Oversee and analyse market threats and market risk management capability
- Develop and implement the risk management policies, standards and processes, and monitor their compliance.
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework.
- Identify and address potential threats to the financial stability of the company, to the company’s regulatory status, and to the company’s reputation
For the Group Chief Risk Officer opportunity, we're looking for candidates who:
- Have experience of managing and overseeing the delivery of control function responsibilities
- Possess extensive knowledge of Financial Services markets, activities and regulations
- Are fully conversant with the FCA reporting, regulations, and standards
- Have a background in Mortgage, Insurance or Intermediary
- Have very strong people management skills and experience of dealing with complex business models
If you're interested in the Group Chief Risk Officer opportunity and you have the skills and experience we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.
Competitive annual salary with excellent benefits package.
Catherine TieleyLogin & Apply Register & Apply Back to Results